May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Waspam -Part 1-

So much has happened since I have last updated.
 Currently I am at home with my family for Christmas and I plan to go back at the end of the January.

 My last week was spent in Waspam in the eastern part of Nicaragua on the Rio Coco (Coconut River.) My first two days I spent over seeing the the construction of the new children's home in Kisalaya. Defiantly not my most preferred job, overseeing 8 guys and going thru 2 translators to get my point across. Kinda awkward in a culture where women don't normally work outside the home, "especially on a construction site". They were all very respectful, they just thought it was funny to have a young Gringa in charge of them. After a while they realized that I knew what I was doing, so they got used to it. Was very interesting to say the least. 


My parents came to Waspam for a day along with Pastor Dave and Mike Elwood. Was really short but it was so good to see them after 3 month.  My Dad got to lay out the template for the rafters and we were able to get the first one in place before he left. Mom got to see where her new home would be. She really enjoyed her time there, getting to know the kids and getting endless hugs. They all called her Big Mama (a positive thing.) 
 All to soon the plane came in and they were gone again. 

                     Mom getting acquainted with the neighbor kids

Dad helping set the first rafter.

With all the kids that will be in the new home

                                         Dad and Mom ready to fly out again.

 That evening Leo and Charity drove in from the 2 day trip from El Crucero. They brought all the older kids along so the families could see them again. Was a lot of fun to see the kids from both Children's Homes mingle together. We ate dinner together every night which added up to 19 kids in all.

                                                                     Dinner time

Dinner time

Leo having fun with the kids.

Preparing dinner.


1 comment:

Rachel S. said...

LOVED the pictures!

Hey, you hadn't told me the part about the construction crew yet... pretty neat. Sounds like something you'd read about in a book.... :)

I'm so glad to have you home for a bit. Love you bunches!