May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

~Life in Krinkrin~

We moved to Krinkrin Nicaragua on February 1, 2013.
It is a blessing and a pleasure to live in Krinkrin. Since we have moved their the people of Krinkrin have opened their arms and accepted us. They are so happy to have us.
 It seems everyday someone comes to our house to bring us some sort of food; plantains, beans, yucca, duswa, sugar cane; regardless how little it is, this is their way of saying welcome to our village.
 We are almost never alone, usually we have half a dozen curious onlookers sitting on our steps or on the floor watching what we do, how we do everything and what we eat. Sometimes I just want to be alone away from everyone but I always remember that our actions speak louder then our words an so I will just live freely and let them watch. After all we moved to their village and to their culture they should be able to take reports home to their family's.
 We have had some interesting times with the kids :) They are so fun and love to have us play or talk with them and they never tire of asking us how to say "kalila" in English. When we say CHICKEN they always giggle and try to repeat us. I am not quite sure why it sounds so funny to them but even adults laugh :D

 I must say life in Krinkrin is hard. We have had to learn to live in a whole new way since moving. From carrying a 5 gallon bucket of water on my head half mile through the mud to washing our clothe in the river, to starting to cook 3 1/2 hours before the meals served because it just takes that long to make something over an open wood fire to translating all day for my family which is still a little challenge for me, but it is a life that I enjoy. There is so much life to be lived and so much hope and potential in this little village.
 It is going to be a long hard road but I believe that God is going to make it all possible even when it will look impossible. I am sure that at times the community will not be happy with us because something didn't go quite as they wanted it to but God is in control of it all and I am up for the ride.
If He brings us to it He'll bring us through it!!!!
 Something I am defiantly going to miss once we get our beds built is sleeping in my hammock. That is something I so enjoy. But we need to build our beds so we have more room.

Our village; Krinkrin.

♥ Such a sweet smile. I love the muddy little feet :)

:)

Checking us out

Getting water at the spring,



Through the jungle,
Down over a log bridge and on home :)

Doing laundry.


Laundry
Just hangin out with Eva :)
Remember; the little things in life count the most
Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

No comments: