May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

God gave me FLOWERS!!!!!

 You know those days when you just don't feel quite up to facing the world.
Well it seems whenever I have one of those days God always brightens it in some beautiful way.
  The last couple weeks have been a little hard for me, missing my family, friends, country and a whole bunch of little things that just added up and finally it looked so huge.
 One morning I was feeling especially discouraged as I went to my 1st grade class. When I got to class all the kids had brought flowers along for some other school project.
 One of the girls wanted to give me a flower. At first I refused and told her that I couldn't take her flowers or she wouldn't be able to present them in the project later in the day. She quickly informed me that she had brought a whole bag of flowers and she wouldn't need all of them.
 Pretty soon all the kids wanted to give me a little part of their flowers and I came home with an armload of flowers which I put in water and set in the middle of the table.
Aren't they gorgeous?
 They are simple flowers picked by some very special kids that have nothing to offer but their love. They are beautiful. They meant more to me at that moment then any expensive special cut flowers ever could.  

   Recently I have been learning that it is the small things that count. However small it may seem I need to have a thankful attitude toward God. It may seem small to someone else or even me but that does not mean that I need to appreciate it less then the big things.
      Sometimes God give you flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: